- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
This changed me
Life is so damn short, for fucks sake, just do what makes you happy.
Compliment people. Magnify their strengths, not their weaknesses.
Not everyone is going to want, accept, or know how to receive your energy. Make peace with it and move on.
Kindness. It doesn’t cost a damn thing. Sprinkle that shit everywhere.
Slow down, calm down, don’t worry, don’t hurry. Trust the process.
Spend more time making yourself a better person and less time worrying about what everyone else is doing.
Find a way, not an excuse.
Religious freedom doesn’t mean you can force others to live by your own beliefs, and you do not have to endure this from others either.
We are not our failures.
You can’t live a positive life with a negative mind.
The more you close yourself the unhappier you’ll be. You’re not alone, open up to people.
People come and people go. That’s the way the world goes. Live and learn, don’t live and regret. The best is yet to come. Look forward.
When you lose yourself in what you love, you find yourself in what you are.
Forget everything you’ve been told and open your mind.
Forgiveness is the greatest indicator of strength. Admit when you’re wrong, but if someone makes you feel like shit for the mistake, move on. Similarly, when someone makes a mistake, be good enough to understand why they did. You don’t attack people because of a mistake. People learn."
|-||15 Things You Should Keep in Mind (via cutely-perverted)|
teaching me something about survival
but then I remembered
that the ocean never
handed me the gift of swimming.
I gave it to myself."
|-||Y.Z, what I forgot to remember (via sakesashimi)|
TFW UR AT SCHOOL AND U SPEND LUNCH DOING JJBA POSES
1) You will hurt people. Sometimes intentionally, sometimes without meaning to, but you will hurt people. It doesn’t make you a bad person, but learn to accept that you may be a villain in someone else’s book.
2) Learn to apologize. Learn to mean your apologies. Learn to say them with sympathy. Apologies are not about your conscience, or about your problems - they are about someone else - understand that! Understand that words can’t undo deeds, they do not heal. Do not demand forgiveness, work for it. Accept responsibility, do not shy away from it. But never, ever, apologize to appease someone. It is a betrayal - of yourself, as much as it’s a betrayal of them.
3) Own your body! Own the softness of your tummy. Love your legs even when they’re hairy. Look at your face without makeup and find things to love - the eyes of the survivor and the lips that speak wonders and those cheeks that flush when you laugh. Love the parts that jiggle and the parts that are firm. Love all of you.
4) Do not be afraid to take up space. There is a difference between being polite and being invisible. Do not be afraid to laugh loudly, to smile widely, to talk passionately. Do not be afraid to exist fully, unapologetically.
5) There is nothing you can do to make someone fall in love with you. Let me repeat that - there is nothing you can do to make someone fall in love with you. Because see, the only thing you can do is change, but then they wouldn’t be falling in love with you, but with the person you’re trying to be for them. They’d be falling in love with things you stopped yourself from saying, and laughs you faked and the hairstyle you hate. They’d be falling in love with a person you don’t even like. Find someone who will love you the way you are, someone with whom you don’t have to try.
6) Make playlists. I know, I know this seems silly, but trust me on this one, make playlists. A playlist to help you sleep and a playlist to calm you down at 3am when the walls around you seem to be crumbling. Make playlists, because sometimes there won’t be people around to remind you of who you are, to remind you how strong you are, to tell you to put the razor blade down. And the thing is - the music might. But more importantly, it will remind you of who you are, it will remind you of the sunny Sunday morning when you spent hours compiling it, it will remind you that darkness is only temporary, that tears dry, that you know how to smile, that you love to smile.
7) Learn how to write cover letters well, really well! Write a great CV! Take your time. Formatting is important. Use spell-check and punctuation and for the love of God use a decent font! Always come 15 minutes early for interviews. Have a spare pair of tights in your bag. Do not drink coffee on the way! When asked about your flaws, do not say you’re a perfectionist - there is nothing employers hate more! No one cares about that play you were in, in 10th grade and the three guitar chords you kind of know. Always read the company profile. Be informed. Do not lie. Admit when you don’t know something. Ask for instructions again if you don’t understand. Do more than you are required - workplace is not school, there is no limit to what you can achieve!"
SCREAMS BC P5 AND NEWS